Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Long Weekend Yahoohoo


What started out as a doodle 
during one of the 
normal phone queries , 
has recently been fleshed out 
in another form.

SALAMANKERO IN OIL


I could have titled it "Salamankero 2.0" or something else, knowing the original doodle was done purely in ink and highlighter on a scrap of paper.  But "Salamankero in Oil" sounds a lot like some spicy dish. 

This is my second work with oil on canvas.








THREE OF A PAIR

A fairly larger work in black paper. A pair which look too big and too colorful to be birds, but too bird-y to be flowers or blossoms.  So is it a pair of birds or a pair of flowers? Or a pair of a flower and a bird? Partridges in a pair three? I do not really know.

Oil pastel on paper.










OF RUST and DUST

Rust and dust surely cloud the subject in this post apocalyptic-themed work. My first try on fantasy art/ female subject,   though I have toyed with the concept for a while. Perhaps the comics years are beginning to resurface.


Watercolor on paper.











TABLE # 1

Here's an artwork that remained taped on one of my working boards for a long time, simply for the reason that I didn't 'feel' it was done yet. One day, I just had it framed and is now reserved for a buyer.

Mixed media on paper.

1 comment:

Powered By Blogger